Netmaker has released its latest version, v0.21.1, of their WireGuard mesh VPN. Netmaker is a platform that automates the creation of fast, secure, and distributed virtual networks.
With Netmaker, users can easily create virtual networks between data centers, clouds, and edge devices without the need for manual configuration. This automation saves time and effort for users, allowing them to focus on other important tasks.
One of the key features of Netmaker is its integration with Kernel WireGuard, which provides maximum speed, performance, and security. This ensures that the virtual networks created with Netmaker are not only efficient but also highly secure.
Netmaker is designed to scale from small businesses to enterprise-level organizations. This means that whether you are a small startup or a large corporation, Netmaker can meet your networking needs.
One of the standout features of Netmaker is its ability to be highly customized. Users can configure Netmaker with WireGuard for various use cases, such as peer-to-peer connections, site-to-site connections, Kubernetes deployments, and more. This flexibility allows users to tailor Netmaker to their specific requirements.
The latest version, v0.21.1, brings several new features and fixes to the Netmaker platform:
What’s New in v0.21.1:
- Remote access client session management: Users now have more control over managing remote access client sessions. Refer to the users section in the documentation for more details.
- Generic DNS entries: It is now possible to create generic DNS entries, providing more flexibility in configuring DNS settings.
- Upgrade client version: Users can now easily upgrade the client version to match the server version directly from the user interface.
- Moved PersistentKeepAlive setting: The PersistentKeepAlive setting has been moved from the node level to the host level, simplifying network configuration.
What’s Fixed in v0.21.1:
- Extclients DNS properly set: The issue of Extclients DNS not being properly set from the ingress DNS value provided has been resolved.
- Role update of OAuth user allowed: Users can now update the role of an OAuth user without any issues.
- Zombie node issue fixed: The issue of zombie nodes has been fixed, ensuring a smoother user experience.
Despite the improvements in v0.21.1, there are still a few known issues that users should be aware of:
- Windows installer does not install WireGuard: Users running the Windows installer may encounter an issue where WireGuard is not installed automatically. This can be resolved by manually installing WireGuard.
- netclient-gui error dialog: If the Netmaker server is offline, the netclient-gui application will continuously display an error dialog. This is a known issue that will be addressed in future releases.
- Mac IPv6 addresses/route issues: Mac users may experience issues with IPv6 addresses and routes. This is a known issue that is currently being investigated.
- Docker client re-join issue: Users may encounter difficulties when trying to re-join a network using the Docker client after complete deletion. This issue is currently being addressed.
- netclient-gui network tab blank: After disconnecting from a network, the network tab in the netclient-gui application may appear blank. This is a known issue that will be fixed in future updates.
Despite these known issues, Netmaker’s latest release, v0.21.1, brings several new features and fixes that further enhance its capabilities as a WireGuard mesh VPN solution. With its automation, scalability, and customization options, Netmaker continues to be a valuable tool for those interested in servers, Linux, DevOps, and home labs.